USB Safely Remove 4.6 final released!
We are happy to announce availability of USB Safely Remove 4.6! The new version includes bug fixes, UI improvements and support of skins. Download now or read more below.
Skins supportNow the program lets you make it to be looking like you prefer or conforming to your selected Windows theme. You can either choose one of pre-installed skins or even create your own skin
Option to install for all usersJust choose this option on installation of the program and it will be automatically launched for all users on your computer and you do not need to enter the license key under other user accounts
Ability to clear all settings on uninstallAfter the unistall the programm let you choose if you wish to delete all the settings from the registry and the program log files
Partial support for Windows high DPI settingNow the stopping menu and notification ballons are displayed in the large fonts when you choose the correspondent option in the Windows settings.
New notification balloonsUSB Safely Remove now displays the notifications about the changes in a special notification window that doesn’t overlap the device menu and contains more information.
Smart device menu displaying on mouse hoverThe device menu is now displaying on mouse hover over the system tray icon more smartly. Earlier the device menu appeared every time when you hovering the mouse over the systray icon even if you moved the mouse to the icon of another application. We fixed this rather annoying behavior and now the menu is displayed only if the mouse cursor hangs for some time over the icon.
Improved device icon auto assigningIn most cases the device icon for non storage devices were assigned to a flash drive icon. Now that's fixed and the program tries to recognize kind of the device and assign a proper icon.
- The program recognized some external drives as "Composite USB device" and didn’t see their drive letters.
- The program didn't rememeber chosen installation language
- Incorrect number of devices in the "hidden devices" link were displayed when there are more than 10 devices
- Double click to the systray icon caused an error
- Global autorun setup: Test launch of the process wasn't available for devices with more than one drive letters
- Duplicate icons were added on addition of a new icon to device library
- An error caused on attempt to fix "empty" drive letter
- An error caused on attempt to load non existent settings file
It's a small update for version 4.6, here we fixed some found bugs
- Some options weren't restored on their import
- The program systray icon might display when there are no connected devices and the option to hide the icon is enabled
- The command line tool didn't work
- The program might display "cannot connect to service" error after its installation on Win 7 64 bit