USB Safely Remove 5.2 released!
We are pleased to announce the new release of USB Safely Remove 5.2! The new version includes Windows 8 support, drive letter management improvements and minor bug fix. Download now
or read more below.
Several months ago Microsoft released a new version of Windows. It doesn't matter if we love it or not, but we have to support it. Therefore now USB Safely Remove has passed compatibility tests with Windows 8, furthermore we have added a nice MOdern UI-style skin, you can see it in the begin of the post. On Windows 8 it's set by default, however you can choose it in the settings on the other versions of Windows.
Per many requests we have added an ability to fix a drive letter not only to a one drive but to the several drives on the condition that you connect them at different times. This feature might be used for backup purposes. When you connect two or more drives with the same fixed drive letter USB Safely Remove handles this case and displays a dialog that allows you to choose a temporary drive letter for the drives that weren't fixed to a letter. Read more on setup here
A small but useful improvement for those who use fixing drive letters feature. Now when a drive is fixed to a letter a small lock sign is displayed in the row of the drive.
- Folder mount points are now displayed in a full size (not truncated)
- Card reader drives are displayed even when the option "Display storage device volumes" is disabled
- Skin scheme file now has usual web format of the colors
- The SATA system drive was displayed in the list by default. Now it's
displayed only when you enable the option "Display all storage devices"
- Now the program doesn't add itself to the Windows startup on each launch,
it does this when it's needed. So if you have a kind of startup monitor it won't display you warnings on each Windows startup
- Fixed: Verbose logging was enabled by default
- Fixed: Autorun programs called before changing drive letters (e.g. for fixed drive letters). This caused double calling of the autorun programs.
- Fixed: The device menu might be displayed when user launched TaskManager (Win 8)
or Customize tray icons dialog (Win 7, 8)
- Fixed: some other minor bugs
Be happy and enjoy using USB Safely Remove!
How to upgrade? Just download using the orange "Download" box below and run the installer, it will do the upgrade automagically. If your upgrade subscription is over feel free to extend it.
You are viewing blog archive of USB Safely Remove, the new blog is available here: blog.crystalrich.com