SafelyRemove.com Forum
http://safelyremove.com/forum/

Safely Remove Beta5
http://safelyremove.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Midnight [ Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:11 am ]
Post subject:  Safely Remove Beta5

Nice job with the update, guys. Works well and I love the Return Device Back feature.
One little concern. Whenever I close the folder on my Flash Stick, my Desktop goes Blank, Reloads and Windows Explorer shuts down.
Any known reason for that? Nothing too serious, just wondering what the heck is going on. :?
Apart from that, everything works just fine.

Author:  Igor [ Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Safely Remove Beta5

Midnight wrote:
Nice job with the update, guys. Works well and I love the Return Device Back feature.
One little concern. Whenever I close the folder on my Flash Stick, my Desktop goes Blank, Reloads and Windows Explorer shuts down.
Any known reason for that? Nothing too serious, just wondering what the heck is going on. :?
Apart from that, everything works just fine.

Hello Midnight,
Thank you for the report. What do you mean by "I close folder on my Flash Stick"? Do you just close Explorer, or you press "Forced Stop" button?

Author:  Midnight [ Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Beta5

What I meant was whenever I Safely Remove my Flash Stick, My Desktop goes blank, then reloads and Windows Explorer shuts down and has to be (manually) reloaded. This only happens since Beta 4 and I was wondering if you had any idea as to why this happens. Thanks for your input. :)

Author:  Igor [ Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Beta5

Midnight wrote:
What I meant was whenever I Safely Remove my Flash Stick, My Desktop goes blank, then reloads and Windows Explorer shuts down and has to be (manually) reloaded. This only happens since Beta 4 and I was wondering if you had any idea as to why this happens. Thanks for your input. :)

Midnight, I'm sorry for the delay with response.

1. Do you see this screen when you trying to eject your device?
http://crystalrich.com/uploadi/picture_ ... 334625.png
2. Does this happen every time?
3. Could you send us a bug-report from the program, please? Just go to the Menu -> Help -> Report a problem and in the opened dialog enter your e-mail, and the text of the problem (that you entered above).

Author:  Midnight [ Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

No, what I see is a small pop up, saying Trying to Remove Device, then my screen/Desktop goes blank, then reloads. Yes, it happens Every time I close the Flash stick folder. You know which one, whenever you insert a Flash Stick, the Folder pops up, giving you access to it's contents. Whenever I close the folder, everything goes Nuts!! :D
O.K. I will send you a Bug report.
Thanks and best regards.

Author:  Igor [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

Midnight wrote:
No, what I see is a small pop up, saying Trying to Remove Device, then my screen/Desktop goes blank, then reloads. Yes, it happens Every time I close the Flash stick folder. You know which one, whenever you insert a Flash Stick, the Folder pops up, giving you access to it's contents. Whenever I close the folder, everything goes Nuts!! :D
O.K. I will send you a Bug report.
Thanks and best regards.

Midnight, have you tried to close USB Safely Remove and stop your device with the native Windows Safe Removal tool? Does this trouble happened in this case?

Author:  Midnight [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Bug

I never thought of that or had any reason to try that method, as USB Safely Remove performs flawlessly, except for that one little glitch. Why go native when the State of the Art is available? :D

O.K. I shut down Safely Remove and when I closed the Flash Stick Folder that pops up whenever the stick is inserted, the same thing happens, so I guess it's not your program that's to blame.
I'm curious to know what the heck is causing that! :roll: I suspect that MDVUSBRoot might be responsible. Any thoughts?
Thank you.

Author:  Igor [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bug

Midnight wrote:
I never thought of that or had any reason to try that method, as USB Safely Remove performs flawlessly, except for that one little glitch. Why go native when the State of the Art is available? :D

O.K. I shut down Safely Remove and when I closed the Flash Stick Folder that pops up whenever the stick is inserted, the same thing happens, so I guess it's not your program that's to blame.
I'm curious to know what the heck is causing that! :roll: I suspect that MDVUSBRoot might be responsible. Any thoughts?
Thank you.

1. What is MDVUSBRoot?
2. Perhaps it maybe caused by autorun viruses, please check contents of the autorun.inf file located in the root of your flash drive.

Author:  Midnight [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Bug

This is the contents of autorun. inf and I scanned the Flash stick with Kaspersky and it found nothing.
[autorun]
open=PortableVault.exe
icon=PortableVault.exe
action=Portable Vault
action=@PortableVault.exe

Don't rack your brain, Igor, I fixed the bug. Desktop Media was the culprit and the issue has been resolved. Now, you can focus on yet, the next great release of USB Safely Remove. :D

Author:  Igor [ Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bug

Midnight wrote:
This is the contents of autorun. inf and I scanned the Flash stick with Kaspersky and it found nothing.
[autorun]
open=PortableVault.exe
icon=PortableVault.exe
action=Portable Vault
action=@PortableVault.exe

Don't rack your brain, Igor, I fixed the bug. Desktop Media was the culprit and the issue has been resolved. Now, you can focus on yet, the next great release of USB Safely Remove. :D

Thanks for your reply! What is Desktop Media and how certainly you fixed this bug? Perhaps it would useful for others who meet the same problem.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/