Always updating Windows Start Key in Registry

garryggreen

Always updating Windows Start Key in Registry

Post by garryggreen »

Each time USBSR starts, it adds itself to the Windows Registry Run key, EVEN IF it is already there. It should check to see if it is already in the Registry Run key and if so, ONLY then add itself.

I have a Software Monitor that blocks programs from adding themselves to the Windows Registry Run key, so each time USBSR starts, I get a pop up asking me to allow it to update the Registry.

USBSR should not be adding itself to the RUN key EVERY time.
garryggreen

Re: Always updating Windows Start Key in Registry

Post by garryggreen »

Is anyone looking at this? Been a few weeks since I posted.
garryggreen

Post by garryggreen »

Your complete lack of response is unacceptable. You have thusfar wasted my time by not having the decency of saying it is being investigated or providing an update in over a month. I even posted a reminder. Still no answer. Does anyone provide support here, or should I delete the software and never do business with you again?
Techland

Post by Techland »

Yes. it looks like USB Safely Remove (and Zentimo) have been abandonded by their programmers. No response for a long time, the blog is filled with spam, reported problems (especially with USB 3) stay unanswered and therefore unsolved.

That would be bad for anyone having just bought the quite expensive life-long full version.
:(
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Each time USBSR starts, it adds itself to the Windows Registry Run key, EVEN IF it is already there. It should check to see if it is already in the Registry Run key and if so, ONLY then add itself.

I have a Software Monitor that blocks programs from adding themselves to the Windows Registry Run key, so each time USBSR starts, I get a pop up asking me to allow it to update the Registry.
I apologize for so long response. We will try to fix this problem in the following versions of the program.
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Techland wrote:Yes. it looks like USB Safely Remove (and Zentimo) have been abandonded by their programmers. No response for a long time, the blog is filled with spam, reported problems (especially with USB 3) stay unanswered and therefore unsolved.
Techland, please feel free to report us again about the problems with USB 3. Or you can just send us the assigned ticket number of your request and I'll check it.
Techland

Post by Techland »

Nice to see you are still around! I was referring to this topic

http://safelyremove.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1054

which had beren ignored by you/the others in the last 12 months. I had severe problems a month ago when I tried to update my computer with USB 3 cards, so I gave up and sent them back. Unfortunately I saw this post too late or I would have tried with USBSR removed.
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Techland wrote:Nice to see you are still around! I was referring to this topic

http://safelyremove.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1054

which had beren ignored by you/the others in the last 12 months. I had severe problems a month ago when I tried to update my computer with USB 3 cards, so I gave up and sent them back. Unfortunately I saw this post too late or I would have tried with USBSR removed.
Techland, thanks for mentioning this topic. We have tested the program with several USB 3 and they worked fine with the program. Furthermore we have reports from users who have mentioned Renesas controllers and the program functioned fine there. So generally the program should work with USB 3, but of course there might be some incompatibilities with specific devices or just problems of specific versions of the drivers. I will not up the old topic since many things might be changed since that time, however if you find that our program causes issues with USB 3.0 or any other things feel free to report us using the built-in report facilities of the program (Menu -> Help -> Report about bug).