vesion 4 beta 5 cannot read any device on my usb 2.0 PCMCIA Card

stingmisc

vesion 4 beta 5 cannot read any device on my usb 2.0 PCMCIA Card

Post by stingmisc »

I have a usb 2 pcmcia card from Aten. It has NEC chipset on it.

When I insert any device on it, it only detects as NEC open host controller...

I have 2 devices on my card. Mouse and hdd external.

none are detected as mouse and external.

when I stop one of them, it stops every device on it
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Thank you for the inquiry!
USB 2 pcmcia card? Am I understand right that your device is a reader of PCMCIA cards that is connected to the computer via USB? (I've never heard about such devices before)

1. Could you put there technical information about this device, please? In order to do this, please go to Device properties, switch to "Technical information" tab and press "Copy to clipboard" button there.
2. How native Safely Remove Hardware tool displays your devices on your card? Does it also displays them like one device - "Nec open host controller" or it displays 2 separated devices?
stingmisc

Post by stingmisc »

Igor wrote:Thank you for the inquiry!
USB 2 pcmcia card? Am I understand right that your device is a reader of PCMCIA cards that is connected to the computer via USB? (I've never heard about such devices before)

1. Could you put there technical information about this device, please? In order to do this, please go to Device properties, switch to "Technical information" tab and press "Copy to clipboard" button there.
2. How native Safely Remove Hardware tool displays your devices on your card? Does it also displays them like one device - "Nec open host controller" or it displays 2 separated devices?
Ok sorry for not explaining it with a better english.

First of all, the product is also called USB PCMCIA Cardbus. It looks like this

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Hi-Speed-U ... B0000683E3

This device is used for people who don't have USB 2.0 connection on their laptop but want to have one. This device will give you the answer.

I have already uninstall beta 5 but if I am not mistaken, it shows 2 Nex open host controllers withouth telling me which one is plugged in with my device. When I stop one of them, it just stops everything on that pcmcia.

Let me know if you need more on this. I will try to explain more.

Currently I am using beta 4 and I don't have problem with that.

Thanks
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Stingmsc, thanks a lot for the detailed information! Now I understand what this device is.

I need a little bit more your help. Can you download again the latest beta-version (http://safelyremove.com/usbsafelyremovesetupbeta.exe) install it and send me these 2 devices technical information. In order to get it, please go to Device Properties, switch to "Technical Information" tab and copy info there.
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

One additional question. Do you see these devices in native Safely Remove Hardware icon?