SafelyRemove.com Forum
http://safelyremove.com/forum/

Warning usb safely remove can't connect to service "USB remove assistant"
http://safelyremove.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=157
Page 1 of 1

Author:  toris [ Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:11 am ]
Post subject:  Warning usb safely remove can't connect to service "USB remove assistant"

I have install USB Safely Remove 4.0.8.758 Final. It's works fine when no process lock the USB device. But if any process lock the USB device, USB Safely remove can't search the process and tell me that "Usb safely remove can't connect to service "USB remove assistant", Please, reinstall USB Safely remove or start this service manually"

If i close the process with task manager, USB safely remove can stop the usb device, but can't return it again before remove it from the usb port manually

I try to uninstall it, download a fresh copy and install it again, but the problem still exist.....

I never use USB Safely remove 4 beta. before I try it, I Use USB Safely Remove 3.3.1.617 Final and never have any problem....

by the way, I use WinXP Pro SP3

What I have to do.....? :(

Thank's for your advice....

Author:  Igor [ Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warning usb safely remove can't connect to service "USB remove assistant"

toris wrote:
I have install USB Safely Remove 4.0.8.758 Final. It's works fine when no process lock the USB device. But if any process lock the USB device, USB Safely remove can't search the process and tell me that "Usb safely remove can't connect to service "USB remove assistant", Please, reinstall USB Safely remove or start this service manually"

If i close the process with task manager, USB safely remove can stop the usb device, but can't return it again before remove it from the usb port manually

I try to uninstall it, download a fresh copy and install it again, but the problem still exist.....

I never use USB Safely remove 4 beta. before I try it, I Use USB Safely Remove 3.3.1.617 Final and never have any problem....

by the way, I use WinXP Pro SP3

What I have to do.....? :(

Thank's for your advice....

Hello Toris,
Thank you for the message!

Can you send us a bug-report from the program? To do it proceed to the main menu -> help -> Report a bug, and then enter your e-mail and a quick description of the problem.

Author:  Igor [ Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:17 am ]
Post subject: 

It seems you've already sent us the report.

I reviewed it and found a very strange thing. You are trying to stop USB drive that has drive letters "G:,C:,D:" and drive letter "C:" is your system drive - the drive where Windows and USBSR starts from. Am I right?

Author:  toris [ Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yeah. I know that a strange thing. When I bought my flash drive (2 years ago) it has 2 drive: USB floopy drive and a flash drive. Only USB Safely Remove v4 that detect it as drive G,C,D. When i use USB safely remove v3, it can detect as a single flash drive although in my explorer appear a floopy drive and a flash drive (total 2 drive).

Do you think that's the problem......(I'll try with others, all fine) ? does USB safely remove can't fixed this ? what wrong with my flash drive ? I think my flash drive is just a usually usb flash drive (nothing specially, except for it has a floopy drive).

Author:  Igor [ Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:28 am ]
Post subject: 

toris wrote:
Yeah. I know that a strange thing. When I bought my flash drive (2 years ago) it has 2 drive: USB floopy drive and a flash drive. Only USB Safely Remove v4 that detect it as drive G,C,D. When i use USB safely remove v3, it can detect as a single flash drive although in my explorer appear a floopy drive and a flash drive (total 2 drive).

Do you think that's the problem......(I'll try with others, all fine) ? does USB safely remove can't fixed this ? what wrong with my flash drive ? I think my flash drive is just a usually usb flash drive (nothing specially, except for it has a floopy drive).

Toris, thank you for the report!

It seems it's a bug of the program, it detects an incorrect additional drive letter for your device. And all problems are cause by this issue. When you try to stop your device and it's locked by an application, USB Safely Remove displays processes not only from drives "g" and "d" but also all processes were launched from drive "C" - your system drive. And of course it displays USB Safely Remove and "USB Safely Remove assistant service" - application we use to return device back. If you try to close all processes that are locking this device you kill "USB Safely Remove assistant service" as well...

Could you give me some more info on your device? What is the strange flash drive which also have floppy on-board? What model is it?

Author:  toris [ Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:19 am ]
Post subject: 

I don't know the model type of my floopy disk, how to find it out ?

But i think the floopy disk (1,4 MB) is physically seperated from the flash drive. My computer's BIOS can detect it have 2 devices (floopy disk and flash drive). But in USB safely remove 4 final, it only detect flash drive (G), system drive (C:), and data drive (D:)

Is this information enough ?

Author:  Igor [ Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

toris wrote:
I don't know the model type of my floopy disk, how to find it out ?

But i think the floopy disk (1,4 MB) is physically seperated from the flash drive. My computer's BIOS can detect it have 2 devices (floopy disk and flash drive). But in USB safely remove 4 final, it only detect flash drive (G), system drive (C:), and data drive (D:)

Is this information enough ?

Yes, it's enough. Thank you! We will try to resolve this problem ASAP.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/