Problem safely remove 4 final with Sierra Wireless Compass 885

stingmisc

Problem safely remove 4 final with Sierra Wireless Compass 885

Post by stingmisc »

The device is recognized by safely remove but I only have one device and its list has 6 devices with the same description, Sierra Wireless HSPA Device.

What's wrong with it? I am confused as how to remove it when there are like 6 thing which are the same. Do I need to remove one or all of them...

thanks
Igor
Developer

Re: Problem safely remove 4 final with Sierra Wireless Compass 885

Post by Igor »

stingmisc wrote:The device is recognized by safely remove but I only have one device and its list has 6 devices with the same description, Sierra Wireless HSPA Device.

What's wrong with it? I am confused as how to remove it when there are like 6 thing which are the same. Do I need to remove one or all of them...

thanks
Hi Stingmisc,
I'm sorry for the delay with the response.
1. Please describe this device more detailed,
2. What kind of port it is connected to?
3. Do you have "Display surprise removal devices" option enabled?
4. Could you collect device detailed information, please? In order to do it perform the next steps, please:
--------------------
1. Download and unpack this file: http://safelyremove.com/upload/DeviceDump.zip to any directory, you will see here DeviceDump.exe tool.
2. Connect your device to the computer
3. Run DeviceDump.exe, it will create the dump file in the tool's directory - DeviceDump.log.txt.
4. Please archive and send me (to support@safelyremove.com) the dump file.
--------------------
Last edited by Igor on Mar 30th, 2009, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Igor
Developer

Re: Problem safely remove 4 final with Sierra Wireless Compass 885

Post by Igor »

stingmisc wrote:The device is recognized by safely remove but I only have one device and its list has 6 devices with the same description, Sierra Wireless HSPA Device.

thanks
BTW what about native "Safely Remove Hardware" tool? Does it display your device correctly?
stingmisc

Post by stingmisc »

1. Please describe this device more detailed,
http://www.sierrawireless.com/product/compass_885.aspx

2. What kind of port it is connected to?
Siera Wireless AT Command Port (UMTS) (COM12)
Siera Wireless DM Port (UMTS) (COM13)
Siera Wireless CNS Port (UMTS) (COM14)
Siera Wireless Data Port (UMTS) (COM15)
Siera Wireless HSPA Modem
Siera Wireless HSPA Modem Network Adapter

all of the above are based on the native remove icon, not from Safely Remove. Safely remove detects as Sierra Wireless HSPA Device for all of them.

3. Do you have "Display surprise removal devices" option enabled?
Yes

I thought you were ignoring this software since there was no reply at all from you for sometime...

I hope you can check what's wrong with it. I will dump the file you are asking...