Request: A tray slide-up PopUp (notifications option)

bull

Request: A tray slide-up PopUp (notifications option)

Post by bull »

Hello again,

I took some time and made this animated GIF:
or:
http://www.pixhost.org/show/1905/506434 ... 52-new.gif

Current version of UsbSafelyRemove does not support this type of notification method upon newly connected or disconnected devices.

I would much prefer to use this proposed method over the current balloon tooltip option that is existing and native to Windows.

Please provide an option for this method in a future version along with additional settings like fonts, display speed/length and sounds (native Windows sound as default but support for custom sound file).
Igor
Developer

Re: Request: A tray slide-up PopUp (notifications option)

Post by Igor »

bull wrote:Hello again,

I took some time and made this animated GIF:
or:
http://www.pixhost.org/show/1905/506434 ... 52-new.gif

Current version of UsbSafelyRemove does not support this type of notification method upon newly connected or disconnected devices.

I would much prefer to use this proposed method over the current balloon tooltip option that is existing and native to Windows.

Please provide an option for this method in a future version along with additional settings like fonts, display speed/length and sounds (native Windows sound as default but support for custom sound file).
Hi Bull, thanks for your time you made a fantastic demo! Yes, this is a good idea and we will make it in one of the following versions of both Zentimo and USB Safely Remove.
bull

Post by bull »

Yes, Igor, thank you so much for replying and agreeing.

Along with this feature you could add speed/delay settings for it.

Actually Opera and Firefox (Opera 10's is nicer) do this same type of tray pop-up but I just took the time to make the animated demo to give you that clearer picture of the request.

thanks again, I really look forward to seeing this in the future.
bull

Post by bull »

What about sounds embedded compressed audio or user-selectable audio (mp3,wav,ogg,midi)? Or program choices to use native Windows system sounds?

Or is sounds more tailored for Zentimo
Anton
Developer

Post by Anton »

What about sounds embedded compressed audio or user-selectable audio (mp3,wav,ogg,midi)? Or program choices to use native Windows system sounds?

Or is sounds more tailored for Zentimo
Hello bull, I think it's a very good idea to use specified sound for device insertion/stopping/removing. We will consider that for future versions of both programs. But before we need to disable native Windows sounds somehow. :)
bull

Post by bull »

Well thank you for adding this feature (well, very close to it) in version 4.6 beta 1.

In future it would be nice if we could customize the notification to use a slide up/down sys tray but as for now it's ok and much better than the previous native-Windows balloon pop-up

thanks.
Anton
Developer

Post by Anton »

Thanks for your comment, Bull.
We will think about the option you mentioned.