Wrong font in 4.7?

Techland

Wrong font in 4.7?

Post by Techland »

Hello,

using the latest 4.7 version, I noticed the pop-up dialog(s) reacting on USB detection and removal (It is now safe to remove the device/Device has been brought back, or similar) looks ugly - or better the text inside. It uses a very small bold font, not found anywhere else on my Windows 7. The other pop-up box (hovering the mouse over the icon) looks ok.

This all had not been the case before you started to fool around with this dialog (prior to version 4.6).

Else 4.7 seems to work good, thanks.
Igor
Developer

Re: Wrong font in 4.7?

Post by Igor »

Hi Techland,
Thanks for your note!

Could you send us the screenshot of the popup dialog on your system so that I can see what you consider ugly :)
Techland

Post by Techland »

Pic 1 shows the old system dialog. I really don't understand why you had to replace that one, but anyway, it looks good.

Pic 2 shows the normal pop-up (mouse hover over icon), looks ok too.

Pic 3 shows the ugly one. Now go back to pic 1 and compare - this is really disgusting...
Attachments
old_dialog_ok.png
old_dialog_ok.png (25.95 KiB) Viewed 26989 times
dialog01_ok.png
dialog01_ok.png (25.03 KiB) Viewed 26989 times
dialog02_not_ok.png
dialog02_not_ok.png (19.88 KiB) Viewed 26989 times
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Techland wrote:Pic 1 shows the old system dialog. I really don't understand why you had to replace that one, but anyway, it looks good.
The new one allows us not to overlap the device menu and it may show more information.
Pic 2 shows the normal pop-up (mouse hover over icon), looks ok too.

Pic 3 shows the ugly one. Now go back to pic 1 and compare - this is really disgusting...
I agree with you it doesn't look nice on your system. But it looks ok on a usual Win 7 computer

so we should understand why it's looking so strange on your system.

First of all it's strange that the old USB Safely Remove displays the notification in ClearType font, but the new version displays both notification and the device menu in non-clear type font. Have you changed the compatibility settings for the program?

Also could you send me the screenshots of other windows of USB Safely Remove 4.7. I'm interested in the options, the main window and the about program window.