Cannot remove any SATA II drives

M3

Cannot remove any SATA II drives

Post by M3 »

I have installed SafelyRemove on a new server running Windows Server 2003 R2. I am able to see all of the drives, including the ones I am trying to remove (there are 5 SATA II drives in an external enclosure that is hot swap ready).

However, every time I try to remove the drive it tells me it is not able to do so. It does not find any program with locks on the data.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Igor
Developer

Re: Cannot remove any SATA II drives

Post by Igor »

M3 wrote:I have installed SafelyRemove on a new server running Windows Server 2003 R2. I am able to see all of the drives, including the ones I am trying to remove (there are 5 SATA II drives in an external enclosure that is hot swap ready).

However, every time I try to remove the drive it tells me it is not able to do so. It does not find any program with locks on the data.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hello!
I'm sorry for so late reply - I've overlooked this message. This problem is fault of the program and it will be fixed in the final version of USB Safely Remove 4.0, approximatelly within one month. If you wish we can notify you and you will be able to participate in beta-testing of this functionality.