Beta 8

JohnM

Beta 8

Post by JohnM »

Hi all,

Just update to beta 8 and all is ok so far. However, it's telling me that a version is available. I have 4.0.7.748 and Help->Check for updates is saying that 4.0.7.749 is available. I downloaded it again, and got 748 again. What goes on?

Cheers
JohnM
tsanchai

Post by tsanchai »

Same here!!!!
YoKenny

Post by YoKenny »

I notice this as well and it claims that the USB Safely Remove service can not start but when I look it is started fine.
Change is inevitable except from a vending machine
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Hello,
Just update to beta 8 and all is ok so far. However, it's telling me that a version is available. I have 4.0.7.748 and Help->Check for updates is saying that 4.0.7.749 is available. I downloaded it again, and got 748 again. What goes on?
I apologize to everyone who was confused by version collisions. I'll try to explain it. We have released version 749, however some time after we found this version contains a crucial bug. We have put to the site the previous build which doesn't contain this bug and doesn't contain some icons. After we had fixed this bug we released version 750.
I notice this as well and it claims that the USB Safely Remove service can not start but when I look it is started fine.
YoKenny, Thanks for the bug-report. Could you report this bug via the program - "Main menu - Help - Report a bug" (Don't forget to specify your forum name and a short description of the problem there)? Also please try to stop and return a device back immediately you'll see this message.
YoKenny

Post by YoKenny »

Thanks for the bug-report. Could you report this bug via the program
I reported the bug.
Also please try to stop and return a device back immediately you'll see this message.
I did not see any message when I did this.
Change is inevitable except from a vending machine
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

YoKenny wrote:
Thanks for the bug-report. Could you report this bug via the program
I reported the bug.
Also please try to stop and return a device back immediately you'll see this message.
I did not see any message when I did this.
Thanks a lot! We will try to find a way to fix this bug ASAP.
tsanchai

Post by tsanchai »

Release 750 still not found. When it will be really available?
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

tsanchai wrote:Release 750 still not found. When it will be really available?
I'm sorry, didn't understand your reply...

Version 4.0.7.750 is available here: http://safelyremove.com/usbsafelyremovesetupbeta.exe as well as from the download page: http://safelyremove.com/download.htm
tsanchai

Post by tsanchai »

OK I have downladed and install bulit 4.0.7.750. But today when I check update from USB Safety Remove, it stated that 4.0.7.753 is available. I cannot find it. When I clcik download 4.0 beta 8, built 4.0.7.750 is downloaded but I cannot find 4.0.7.753 anywhere.

Can you make tis problem clearer and not this kind of confusion again?
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

tsanchai wrote: I cannot find it. When I clcik download 4.0 beta 8, built 4.0.7.750 is downloaded but I cannot find 4.0.7.753 anywhere.
I got the same message as you about 753 being available (I was on 750). I clicked on one of the links above and got 753.

Maybe you should try it again?

Cheers
JohnM
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

tsanchai wrote:OK I have downladed and install bulit 4.0.7.750. But today when I check update from USB Safety Remove, it stated that 4.0.7.753 is available. I cannot find it. When I clcik download 4.0 beta 8, built 4.0.7.750 is downloaded but I cannot find 4.0.7.753 anywhere.

Can you make tis problem clearer and not this kind of confusion again?
This is a very strange. If you use Firefox browser, try to clear its cache.
tsanchai

Post by tsanchai »

I used IE 8 beta 2 and Opera. I click on the link to download USB Safety Remove from your web page ans after install, still get build 750!!! Where is build 753? Can you point me exactly to download the file?
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

tsanchai wrote:I used IE 8 beta 2 and Opera. I click on the link to download USB Safety Remove from your web page ans after install, still get build 750!!! Where is build 753? Can you point me exactly to download the file?
tsanchai, I apologize for the inconvenience. It was our mistake, we forget to upload the latest version to one of our mirror sites. Please try to download the version right now.
tsanchai

Post by tsanchai »

I have tried clear all browser cache, then download and install from the two links you provided above and still got build 750!
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

tsanchai wrote:I have tried clear all browser cache, then download and install from the two links you provided above and still got build 750!
Very strange. What server displays opera whenever you click this link: http://safelyremove.com/usbsafelyremovesetupbeta.exe ?