It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Reserve a driveletter?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:07 pm 

Hello,

I have just started to test the program and it seems to be quite useful program for me (I am just wondering if I should order a site license for our institute).

I am just wondering if there is an option to reserve a driveletter for some other use. I noticed a problem with the home drive from the network. It is defined as letter K: but some other drive tried to use that same letter. I think it was an empty drive from memory card reader, so you program removed it (I really like that feature). The end result was that I did not have my home drive as K:. I am using Win7 and your program version 4.7.

Post subject: Re: Reserve a driveletter?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:26 pm 

Hello,

I saw this feature in the pro-version (Zentimo), so I just need to test it when I am back in the office --"Preventing Windows from assigning specified drive letters to removable drives".

I actually decided to order the site licence for our Institute with the special offer price. There was actually a little problem with the order system, when I clicked the order button of site licence it did not give that special price. I found a little workaround, I found a code that gave me the discount.

Post subject: Re: Reserve a driveletter?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:46 pm 
Developer

Kimulus wrote:
I am just wondering if there is an option to reserve a driveletter for some other use.
I saw this feature in the pro-version (Zentimo), so I just need to test it when I am back in the office --"Preventing Windows from assigning specified drive letters to removable drives".

Hello Kimulus!
Yes, the mentioned option is exactly aimed exactly for this purpose. You just need to add the drive "K:" to the field under "Preventing Windows from assigning specified drive letters to removable drives" and it'll be reserverd for your drive.

Kimulus wrote:
I actually decided to order the site licence for our Institute with the special offer price. There was actually a little problem with the order system, when I clicked the order button of site licence it did not give that special price. I found a little workaround, I found a code that gave me the discount.

Thanks for the note! Yes, there was a problem with this link and now we have fixed it.