USB SafelyRemove for LINUX

Midnight

USB SafelyRemove for LINUX

Post by Midnight »

Is this doable? :)
I run two O/Ss on my PC, one obviously Windows and the other is Mandriva LINUX. Although LINUX has a relatively good removal Utility, it would be nice to have this as an add-on.
No LINUX programmers, there, huh? :D
If you think Experts are expensive, wait 'til you see how much Amateurs will cost you!
Igor
Developer

Re: USB SafelyRemove for LINUX

Post by Igor »

Midnight wrote:Is this doable? :)
I run two O/Ss on my PC, one obviously Windows and the other is Mandriva LINUX. Although LINUX has a relatively good removal Utility, it would be nice to have this as an add-on.
No LINUX programmers, there, huh? :D
Thank you for the idea! We thought about porting USR on Linux. But there are some troubles, and first of all is commercial. We are a shareware company that earns money on selling UI programs, it's our hobby and our bread at the same time. If we port a program to Linux, we will spent a lot of time, but we can't get any profit from this. I cannot see any ways on how can we sell our program to linux users - as far as I know they doesn't accept any shareware programs, only freeware.

Nevertheless, it's good idea and we will kep it in mind, maybe in future there will appear some another aspects on why we should implement USR for Linux.