Encrypted Drives

pickelli

Encrypted Drives

Post by pickelli »

The reason I purchased USB safely remove was so I could see the processes that might prevent me from stopping a USB drive. I have a similar problem with encrypted virtual drives (I use cryptainer see www.cypherix.com). Often, when Itry to unload the drive, I am told tht I cannot because files are still open on the drive. I have to guess which process to stop so I can unload it.

While I understand that this is not a USB drive, (it may or may not be on a USB drive), and do not know whether the approach for determining which processes are keeping the drive from being stopped, it occurred to me that a product that would allow me the same functionality for encrypted rives that USB safely remove provides for USB drives would be very useful.
Igor
Developer

Re: Encrypted Drives

Post by Igor »

pickelli wrote:The reason I purchased USB safely remove was so I could see the processes that might prevent me from stopping a USB drive. I have a similar problem with encrypted virtual drives (I use cryptainer see http://www.cypherix.com). Often, when Itry to unload the drive, I am told tht I cannot because files are still open on the drive. I have to guess which process to stop so I can unload it.

While I understand that this is not a USB drive, (it may or may not be on a USB drive), and do not know whether the approach for determining which processes are keeping the drive from being stopped, it occurred to me that a product that would allow me the same functionality for encrypted rives that USB safely remove provides for USB drives would be very useful.
Pickelli, thanks for your inquiry!

We will consider adding this feature in next versions of the program. Now you can find out what prevent your encrypted drive from being unloaded using a free unlocking application LockHunter.