USB Safely Remove v4 Beta 3 - Bug

DataKnight

USB Safely Remove v4 Beta 3 - Bug

Post by DataKnight »

I've just installed it on my Dell Dimension C521 with built in TEAC Card reader and the program keeps looping round saying "The mount point has been added" and then a few seconds later "The mount point has been removed".

I'm going to uninstall it and install the "stable" version and see what happens.

DK.
Igor
Developer

Re: USB Safely Remove v4 Beta 3 - Bug

Post by Igor »

DataKnight wrote:I've just installed it on my Dell Dimension C521 with built in TEAC Card reader and the program keeps looping round saying "The mount point has been added" and then a few seconds later "The mount point has been removed".

I'm going to uninstall it and install the "stable" version and see what happens.

DK.
Hello DataKnight,
I suggested you by e-mail to update program to the latest version. It's interesting to know, has something changed? Did this bug appear again?
DataKnight

It still does it

Post by DataKnight »

Hello Igor

Having updated to the latest version .....
On reboot the program still does it for a few minutes then seems to stop.

DK
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

DataKnight,
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Actually the program doesn't do any safe removals without user request, but the program detects any hardware changes, so probably your card-reader really have some problems during this time.

I've also observed this problem with one of card-readers which was not good quality, however it was an external card-reader and problem was resolved by just replacing it with another one.

One more question: Can you write data to (or read from) the card reader during this 4 minutes after the computer reboot?
DataKnight

Media Reader

Post by DataKnight »

Hello Igor

Tests so far show that I can still read from the drive. I havent tried writing yet but will keep you updated.

DK.
DataKnight

Re: Media Reader

Post by DataKnight »

DataKnight wrote:Hello Igor

Tests so far show that I can still read from the drive. I havent tried writing yet but will keep you updated.

DK.
Writing appears to work OK.

FYI my inbuilt Card reader is the following:
TEAC USB HS-CF Card USB Device

DK
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Hello DataKnight,

We have recently released a new version of the program which have a new device detection mechanism. Could you download the version and see whether it has the trouble or not, please?

The version is located here:
http://safelyremove.com/usbsafelyremovesetupbeta.exe
DataKnight

Ongoing Saga - this time with Beta 5

Post by DataKnight »

Hello Igor

Having installed the latest beta the program is still doing the same. It seems to be picking up the first drive in the multi-card reader (the compact flash drive) and just mounts and dismounts constantly.

Turning off the "Hide unused drives" option stops the message.

Thanks

DK.
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Hi DataKnight!

I'm glad to know that you have found a workaround for the problem. In future we will try to understand what is going on on your machine.