Silent install on %systemdrive%

targa

Silent install on %systemdrive%

Post by targa »

How can i make a silent install so that the installation installs on %systemdrive%/program files/usb safely remove.... and not on a predefined drive?

Thank you
targa

Post by targa »

Anyone please??
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

targa wrote:Anyone please??
Hello,
please read this article on automated installation of USB Safely Remove: http://safelyremove.com/help/ht_autoInstallation.htm
targa

Post by targa »

Thanks.. but that silent install line only allows a silent installation to install on a predefined drive e.g. e:\.......... I need to know how to make a silent install to install on generic %systemdrive%.. eg. if OS is on d drive the executable installs safelyremove on d:.
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

targa wrote:Thanks.. but that silent install line only allows a silent installation to install on a predefined drive e.g. e:\.......... I need to know how to make a silent install to install on generic %systemdrive%.. eg. if OS is on d drive the executable installs safelyremove on d:.
It's easy. Just run USB Safely Remove setup file with a one of these parameters: /SILENT or /VERYSILENT

e.g:

Code: Select all

usbsafelyremovesetup.exe /VERYSILENT
The difference between silent and very silent is: When setup is silent the wizard and the background window are not displayed but the installation progress window is displayed. When a setup is very silent the installation progress window is not displayed.
targa

Post by targa »

yes i know that.. but I am talking about usr_setup_cfg.ini and the install directory path.. never mind.. tested the ini file without the dir path and it worked. Thanks anyway.
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

targa wrote:yes i know that.. but I am talking about usr_setup_cfg.ini and the install directory path.. never mind.. tested the ini file without the dir path and it worked. Thanks anyway.
You are welcome! Yes, you may do not use usr_setup_cfg.ini at all, and the installer will install called with "/SILENT" option will install the program to the default path.