eSata drive sometimes not mounted

fingershop

eSata drive sometimes not mounted

Post by fingershop »

Normally, when I plug my eSata drive in, the USR icon flashes red and the drive is mounted.

But about 1 out of 4 times I plug my eSata drive in, the USR icon does not flash, and the drive is not mounted. The only way I can get it to mount is to go into Device Manager and "scan for hardware changes", and then the icon flashes red, and the drive mounts.

I don't know if this is a Windows problem, or a USR problem. I'm using XP sp3, and this is a very recent Samsung 500gb 2.5'' eSata drive. I've experienced this issue with the latest stable and beta versions of USR.

If it is a Windows problem, then could you add a feature to USR so that, if I single-click the USR icon then it initiates a "scan for hardware changes". This would provide a fast and easy way of getting non-discovered devices to be discovered.

Thanks
Igor
Developer

Re: eSata drive sometimes not mounted

Post by Igor »

fingershop wrote:Normally, when I plug my eSata drive in, the USR icon flashes red and the drive is mounted.

But about 1 out of 4 times I plug my eSata drive in, the USR icon does not flash, and the drive is not mounted. The only way I can get it to mount is to go into Device Manager and "scan for hardware changes", and then the icon flashes red, and the drive mounts.

I don't know if this is a Windows problem, or a USR problem. I'm using XP sp3, and this is a very recent Samsung 500gb 2.5'' eSata drive. I've experienced this issue with the latest stable and beta versions of USR.

If it is a Windows problem, then could you add a feature to USR so that, if I single-click the USR icon then it initiates a "scan for hardware changes". This would provide a fast and easy way of getting non-discovered devices to be discovered.

Thanks
Fingershop,
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. We will consider adding this option in a one of future versions.