Change default setting?

KBDobson

Change default setting?

Post by KBDobson »

From the main window, if you double click on a device the default setting will stop or attempt to stop the device. Would it be possible to change that setting to display device properties instead?
Igor
Developer

Re: Change default setting?

Post by Igor »

KBDobson wrote:From the main window, if you double click on a device the default setting will stop or attempt to stop the device. Would it be possible to change that setting to display device properties instead?
The current behavior of the main window corresponds to the behavior of the stopping menu with the difference that the stopping menu have single-click interface. If we change default action in the main window to open device properties this may mislead users as they expect equal behavior from both windows as they look similar. The same behavior we can see in Windows Start Menu and Windows Explorer; in the first one you can click once to launch the file and in Explorer you click twice for the same action.

So I'm not sure that we should change behavior of the main window. Are you really need often to have an access to device properties? Why?
KBDobson

Re: Change default setting?

Post by KBDobson »

It's not so much as I need to access device properties it's just that I suppose I was thinking of what happens when I click on a folder instead of a file. You're right, it should mimic Windows to avoid confusion.