USB SAfely Remove as potential battery safer for notebooks?

stromer

USB SAfely Remove as potential battery safer for notebooks?

Post by stromer »

Got a new acer notebook missing features (like "tray utility" for EEEPCs) to easily enable / disable webcam + Wifi + Bluetooth.
There are hotkeys to do that but it's not comfortable.
Found out that USBSR recognizes my internal webcam and can be disabled like other USB devices (is it then an internal USB device?).
Wifi and bluetooth are not usb connected.

To improve the possibility for enabling/disabling webcam (and maybe Wifi and others) to save battery would be good the following:

-the status disabled/enabled should not change with rebooting
-after disabling there should not be that red cross in the icon of USBSR but only on the icon of the device

don't know if it is easy to perform to recognize wifi + bluetooth, maybe your new zentrimo program meets these wishes better?

But wouldn't it be a great thing to perform this task by your great program?

Nonetheless I am very happy about your constant work and never regretted to have bought it!
Igor
Developer

Re: USB SAfely Remove as potential battery safer for noteboo

Post by Igor »

stromer wrote:Got a new acer notebook missing features (like "tray utility" for EEEPCs) to easily enable / disable webcam + Wifi + Bluetooth.
There are hotkeys to do that but it's not comfortable.
Found out that USBSR recognizes my internal webcam and can be disabled like other USB devices (is it then an internal USB device?).
Wifi and bluetooth are not usb connected.

To improve the possibility for enabling/disabling webcam (and maybe Wifi and others) to save battery would be good the following:

-the status disabled/enabled should not change with rebooting
-after disabling there should not be that red cross in the icon of USBSR but only on the icon of the device

don't know if it is easy to perform to recognize wifi + bluetooth, maybe your new zentrimo program meets these wishes better?

But wouldn't it be a great thing to perform this task by your great program?

Nonetheless I am very happy about your constant work and never regretted to have bought it!
Hi Strommer,
Thanks for your kind words! It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure about adding these options to USB Safely Remove, however we may consider adding them into Zentimo.