I can run it but cannot do anything with it (vista x64)

Neikius

I can run it but cannot do anything with it (vista x64)

Post by Neikius »

Hello, I am quite satisfied with the product, it worked just nice for some time but now I have a problem that makes the application useless to me.

I cannot open any (left or right click) context menu on the tray icon. Since I don't know any other way to open Safely Remove it is just useless to me right now.

Tried killing the process, restarting, shutting down service and restarting all to no avail. Other tray icons produce right/left click menu just nicely. I also tried to install the latest version (2.4). Any ideas what more to do? Strangely enough I get the tooltip on hover but nothing on click (even if I wait a minute).

edit: Now I have restarted my pc twice and it works again. But at that time I just could not remove my external disk...
Igor
Developer

Re: I can run it but cannot do anything with it (vista x64)

Post by Igor »

Neikius wrote:Hello, I am quite satisfied with the product, it worked just nice for some time but now I have a problem that makes the application useless to me.

I cannot open any (left or right click) context menu on the tray icon. Since I don't know any other way to open Safely Remove it is just useless to me right now.

Tried killing the process, restarting, shutting down service and restarting all to no avail. Other tray icons produce right/left click menu just nicely. I also tried to install the latest version (2.4). Any ideas what more to do? Strangely enough I get the tooltip on hover but nothing on click (even if I wait a minute).

edit: Now I have restarted my pc twice and it works again. But at that time I just could not remove my external disk...
Hi, Thanks for the message!

1. Does key combination Win+S bring the quick menu?
2. Could you enable advanced logging (Options -> Advanced -> "Enable verbose logging") and then send us a report from the program, please? In order to send the report you should proceed to "Main menu -> Help -> Report a bug", and in the opened dialog enter your e-mail and a short description of the problem and the link to this forum thread. This helps us to investigate the problem more detailed
Neikius

Re: I can run it but cannot do anything with it (vista x64)

Post by Neikius »

Sure. I will report when the problem occurs again, this time with the logs.

Thank you.