Devices Missing

Midnight

Devices Missing

Post by Midnight »

Not really that important, but my Logitech USB keyboard and Webcam are not listed, nor do they show up, although both are plugged in and working.
They're not in the hidden from the Menu folder, either. Strange, huh?
Any suggestions on how to activate them?
If you think Experts are expensive, wait 'til you see how much Amateurs will cost you!
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Midnight, thank you for this note and sorry for so long response. I've overlooked this topic.

Yes it's really strange that these devices aren't listed in USB Safely Remove. Please see some questions below:
1. What version of USB Safely Remove do you have?
2. Where to these devices are connected - to the native USB ports of your computer, or to the USB hub?
3. Could you send us USB Safely Remove log file to support@safelyremove.com (You can find the log file via "About program" window - just click to "Open the log file directory" link at the bottom of this window)
Midnight

Devices Missing

Post by Midnight »

I have version 3.3.1.617 registered with the Free key for one year. The Logitech keyboard is plugged into a USB port on the PC, while the webcam is plugged into a USB Hub.
I also have a USB HP scanner that doesn't show, either.

I'll send you the log file shortly and hopefully you can find a solution to the problem.

O.K Log file sent.

Thanks for all your help.
If you think Experts are expensive, wait 'til you see how much Amateurs will cost you!
Midnight

Re: Devices not shown

Post by Midnight »

Hi Igor,

Any updates regarding my post concerning certain devices not shown in Safely Remove?
You mentioned that you would look into the matter and get back to me.
I know you must be busy, but that doesn't mean you can forget about me. :D
Igor
Developer

Re: Devices not shown

Post by Igor »

Midnight wrote:Hi Igor,

Any updates regarding my post concerning certain devices not shown in Safely Remove?
You mentioned that you would look into the matter and get back to me.
I know you must be busy, but that doesn't mean you can forget about me. :D
Hi Midnight! I'm terribly sorry for the delay with response. Of course I remember my promise. We are currently finishing our first public beta version of USB Safely Remove 4.0, so we doesn't have enough time to make a special build that I promised to send you. Moreover the next step we want to do is to fully rework our scanning devices mechanism (because the current one doesn't find such devices as PCMCIA), so I think it will be reasonable if we contact you after we will have done our changes in scanning mechanism. I think it will happen in approximatelly 1 month.
Midnight

Devices not shown

Post by Midnight »

I can live with that until the next release and considering that the problem is nothing too serious, it will be worth the wait for Beta 4.

Thanks for your reply and all the best. :)