I can't disconnect my WD external hard drive from my comuter

lucjan

I can't disconnect my WD external hard drive from my comuter

Post by lucjan »

No matter what I do; kill the program, forcibly close it, I can't get it to disconnect my external. The only solution is to turn off my computer, but that's a nuisance. Thanks for any help :-)
Yochanan

Re: I can't disconnect my WD external hard drive from my com

Post by Yochanan »

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

I'm having the same issue with my Thermaltake Black Widow docking station. I'd post a screenshot, but lucjan's does it perfect justice. I had a free license a couple years ago from a promotion or something and I had liked this program a lot. However, until now I had not used a USB HDD.

I noticed v4.5 added the feature to spin down a USB HDD before removing it and decided to try it again. However, I will not be buying it do to this issue. I have not once had Windows not allow me to eject the drive thus far. Since using this program I have not able even if I use the force option. The drive is not being written to and is most definitely not in use in any way, shape or form. But yet, this program says I can't safely remove it. I ended up just using the eject button on the docking station anyway.

Please address this issue that apparently has been rampant for quite some time unaddressed or you will instantly lose a lifetime customer--or gain one. Your call.