It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Safely Remove Beta5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:48 am
Posts: 49
Location: Toronto
Nice job with the update, guys. Works well and I love the Return Device Back feature.
One little concern. Whenever I close the folder on my Flash Stick, my Desktop goes Blank, Reloads and Windows Explorer shuts down.
Any known reason for that? Nothing too serious, just wondering what the heck is going on. :?
Apart from that, everything works just fine.

_________________
If you think Experts are expensive, wait 'til you see how much Amateurs will cost you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Safely Remove Beta5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:24 pm 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 554
Location: Saint Petersburg
Midnight wrote:
Nice job with the update, guys. Works well and I love the Return Device Back feature.
One little concern. Whenever I close the folder on my Flash Stick, my Desktop goes Blank, Reloads and Windows Explorer shuts down.
Any known reason for that? Nothing too serious, just wondering what the heck is going on. :?
Apart from that, everything works just fine.

Hello Midnight,
Thank you for the report. What do you mean by "I close folder on my Flash Stick"? Do you just close Explorer, or you press "Forced Stop" button?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Beta5
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:48 am
Posts: 49
Location: Toronto
What I meant was whenever I Safely Remove my Flash Stick, My Desktop goes blank, then reloads and Windows Explorer shuts down and has to be (manually) reloaded. This only happens since Beta 4 and I was wondering if you had any idea as to why this happens. Thanks for your input. :)

_________________
If you think Experts are expensive, wait 'til you see how much Amateurs will cost you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beta5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:55 pm 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 554
Location: Saint Petersburg
Midnight wrote:
What I meant was whenever I Safely Remove my Flash Stick, My Desktop goes blank, then reloads and Windows Explorer shuts down and has to be (manually) reloaded. This only happens since Beta 4 and I was wondering if you had any idea as to why this happens. Thanks for your input. :)

Midnight, I'm sorry for the delay with response.

1. Do you see this screen when you trying to eject your device?
http://crystalrich.com/uploadi/picture_ ... 334625.png
2. Does this happen every time?
3. Could you send us a bug-report from the program, please? Just go to the Menu -> Help -> Report a problem and in the opened dialog enter your e-mail, and the text of the problem (that you entered above).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:48 am
Posts: 49
Location: Toronto
No, what I see is a small pop up, saying Trying to Remove Device, then my screen/Desktop goes blank, then reloads. Yes, it happens Every time I close the Flash stick folder. You know which one, whenever you insert a Flash Stick, the Folder pops up, giving you access to it's contents. Whenever I close the folder, everything goes Nuts!! :D
O.K. I will send you a Bug report.
Thanks and best regards.

_________________
If you think Experts are expensive, wait 'til you see how much Amateurs will cost you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:06 pm 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 554
Location: Saint Petersburg
Midnight wrote:
No, what I see is a small pop up, saying Trying to Remove Device, then my screen/Desktop goes blank, then reloads. Yes, it happens Every time I close the Flash stick folder. You know which one, whenever you insert a Flash Stick, the Folder pops up, giving you access to it's contents. Whenever I close the folder, everything goes Nuts!! :D
O.K. I will send you a Bug report.
Thanks and best regards.

Midnight, have you tried to close USB Safely Remove and stop your device with the native Windows Safe Removal tool? Does this trouble happened in this case?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Bug
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:48 am
Posts: 49
Location: Toronto
I never thought of that or had any reason to try that method, as USB Safely Remove performs flawlessly, except for that one little glitch. Why go native when the State of the Art is available? :D

O.K. I shut down Safely Remove and when I closed the Flash Stick Folder that pops up whenever the stick is inserted, the same thing happens, so I guess it's not your program that's to blame.
I'm curious to know what the heck is causing that! :roll: I suspect that MDVUSBRoot might be responsible. Any thoughts?
Thank you.

_________________
If you think Experts are expensive, wait 'til you see how much Amateurs will cost you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bug
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:19 am 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 554
Location: Saint Petersburg
Midnight wrote:
I never thought of that or had any reason to try that method, as USB Safely Remove performs flawlessly, except for that one little glitch. Why go native when the State of the Art is available? :D

O.K. I shut down Safely Remove and when I closed the Flash Stick Folder that pops up whenever the stick is inserted, the same thing happens, so I guess it's not your program that's to blame.
I'm curious to know what the heck is causing that! :roll: I suspect that MDVUSBRoot might be responsible. Any thoughts?
Thank you.

1. What is MDVUSBRoot?
2. Perhaps it maybe caused by autorun viruses, please check contents of the autorun.inf file located in the root of your flash drive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Bug
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:48 am
Posts: 49
Location: Toronto
This is the contents of autorun. inf and I scanned the Flash stick with Kaspersky and it found nothing.
[autorun]
open=PortableVault.exe
icon=PortableVault.exe
action=Portable Vault
action=@PortableVault.exe

Don't rack your brain, Igor, I fixed the bug. Desktop Media was the culprit and the issue has been resolved. Now, you can focus on yet, the next great release of USB Safely Remove. :D

_________________
If you think Experts are expensive, wait 'til you see how much Amateurs will cost you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bug
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:01 am 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 554
Location: Saint Petersburg
Midnight wrote:
This is the contents of autorun. inf and I scanned the Flash stick with Kaspersky and it found nothing.
[autorun]
open=PortableVault.exe
icon=PortableVault.exe
action=Portable Vault
action=@PortableVault.exe

Don't rack your brain, Igor, I fixed the bug. Desktop Media was the culprit and the issue has been resolved. Now, you can focus on yet, the next great release of USB Safely Remove. :D

Thanks for your reply! What is Desktop Media and how certainly you fixed this bug? Perhaps it would useful for others who meet the same problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Crystal Rich Ltd © 2014 Powered by phpBB ©