It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vista 32 Bit Privileges
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:41 pm 

After Installing USB Safely Remove 4 beta 6 I get this message when there is a file locked, "It is not enough system privileges to scan processes which are locking the device. This feature is only available in an administrative mode." I was using version 3.3 until yesterday and had never seen this message. I use Vista 32 Bit with a non administrator account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:16 am 
Developer

In the latest version we have implemented a new processes' detection mechanism which is safer (the previous one might lead to BSOD'es on some computer configurations) and faster. However it has one lack - it cannot work under non administrative account.

In future we will consider implementing an improvement which allows to install the program once in an administrative mode and then use it in non administrative mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:37 am 

Hello...
I get that same message for items such as a usb stick that i try to restart.I assumed that i did have an administrator account ,and i also installed this app as an administartor.
What am i doing wrong?I use vista 32 bit premium sp1
thanks in advance
ellison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:19 am 
Developer

ellison wrote:
Hello...
I get that same message for items such as a usb stick that i try to restart.I assumed that i did have an administrator account ,and i also installed this app as an administartor.
What am i doing wrong?I use vista 32 bit premium sp1
thanks in advance
ellison

Do you have UAC (User Account Control) enabled?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:49 pm 

I have the same problem as ellison.

I have an administrator account, I've disabled UAC and I still cannot see why I can't unmount an usb device (wd my passport essential). All I get is this message: "It is not enough system privileges to scan processes which are locking the device. This feature is only available in an administrative mode."

[Edit]
Fixed it - I turned UAC properly in Control Panet insted of unchecking it through secpol.msc

I would like it to work with UAC enabled though. Thanks in advance. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:08 am 
Developer

andrzej wrote:
I have the same problem as ellison.

I have an administrator account, I've disabled UAC and I still cannot see why I can't unmount an usb device (wd my passport essential). All I get is this message: "It is not enough system privileges to scan processes which are locking the device. This feature is only available in an administrative mode."

[Edit]
Fixed it - I turned UAC properly in Control Panet insted of unchecking it through secpol.msc

AFAIK, you have to restart the computer in order to get UAC work.

andrzej wrote:
I would like it to work with UAC enabled though. Thanks in advance. ;)

Now we are working on UAC compatibility, hope this will be released in the next version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:19 am 

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have two freecom external HDD and it works fine on Windows XP (both), but when I use Vista, freecom with 500GB is still workfing fine, but freecom 120GB doesn work, and I get the same message. I am using administrator accound and I dont want to disable UAC resource. It is the same when the HDD is IOMEGA external HDD.

So, do you already have a solution for the problem......

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:04 pm 
Developer

brjohnsmith wrote:
Hi,

I have the same problem. I have two freecom external HDD and it works fine on Windows XP (both), but when I use Vista, freecom with 500GB is still workfing fine, but freecom 120GB doesn work, and I get the same message. I am using administrator accound and I dont want to disable UAC resource. It is the same when the HDD is IOMEGA external HDD.

So, do you already have a solution for the problem......

Thanks.

Hi, we have only development version where this issue is fixed. You may try it now: http://safelyremove.com/upload/usbsafel ... -beta8.exe

Please let us know about your experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:34 pm 

Hi Igor,

I am not sure if the final version (beta 8 ) is 4.0.7.728. If it is, I am afraid to say, but it didnt work. the message is the same.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:48 am 
Developer

brjohnsmith wrote:
Hi Igor,

I am not sure if the final version (beta 8 ) is 4.0.7.728. If it is, I am afraid to say, but it didnt work. the message is the same.

Thanks.

Hi Brjohnsmith,
1. Could you specify what message did you get?
2. Could you send us a bug-report (Menu -> Help -> Report a bug), in this case the program will send us technical information about your system and a debug log?
3. Could you send us one additional file: C:\USBSRServiceLog.txt to support@safelyremove.com?