block devices

fernokia

block devices

Post by fernokia »

I have a DVDROM and 2 HDDs SATA that can be stopped by the user but I don't want hide it.

Can I see the devices in USB SAFELY REMOVE and when I click over him the program say "This device can't be stopped"?

This feature will be very interesting.

Perdon for my english
Igor
Developer

Re: block devices

Post by Igor »

fernokia wrote:I have a DVDROM and 2 HDDs SATA that can be stopped by the user but I don't want hide it.

Can I see the devices in USB SAFELY REMOVE and when I click over him the program say "This device can't be stopped"?

This feature will be very interesting.

Perdon for my english
Hello fernokia,

It's a good idea and we will implement it in one of future versions. May I know why you need it? And do you want to have an ability to enable\disable this option with a password?
fernokia

why?

Post by fernokia »

Because the nforce 6.86 for my nforce4 motherboard take the SATA DVD-RW like a memory card and SATA HDD like unplug disk and when I insert a CD or DVD my system sometimes give error or USR say "new media inserted but my system not detect the DVD inserted if I configure this device like hidden.

The new drivers for nforce give error in my system and for this I use 6.86 version (is perfect to me).

password? Perfect! Excellent idea! Or....When I click over device, the program ask me for a password o a message like "You can't unplug this device" directly (previously configured in options for each device), because I don't want unplug some devices (for example my second HDDs!!!!) and others with password will be perfect!

Thank you and congratulations for your program and support!!

Perdon for my english
Igor
Developer

Re: why?

Post by Igor »

fernokia wrote:Because the nforce 6.86 for my nforce4 motherboard take the SATA DVD-RW like a memory card and SATA HDD like unplug disk and when I insert a CD or DVD my system sometimes give error or USR say "new media inserted but my system not detect the DVD inserted if I configure this device like hidden.

The new drivers for nforce give error in my system and for this I use 6.86 version (is perfect to me).

password? Perfect! Excellent idea! Or....When I click over device, the program ask me for a password o a message like "You can't unplug this device" directly (previously configured in options for each device), because I don't want unplug some devices (for example my second HDDs!!!!) and others with password will be perfect!

Thank you and congratulations for your program and support!!

Perdon for my english
Fernokia, thanks a lot for your feedback! We will implement this idea in one of closest versions of the program.