Posibility for edit device properties without plug it

Sorry for my bad english, i'm spanish
GodSpeed

Post by GodSpeed »

I think there is no history list yet...
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Penny suggested to add ability to view and edit devices that were earlier connected to computer and now they're not in the computer. We can add this ability, but I cannot see how to use it.

Penny please describe why you need this feature?

If someone finds this idea useful, please leave your comments and thereby vote for it.
peni

Post by peni »

Is only for devices maintenance. In my work computer i plug many distinct devices and is hard know each device. For me is usefull change the icon or name of a device. Ex. an icon for each client, and a distinct name for each device of client

Sorry, is hard to explain me in english
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

peni wrote:Is only for devices maintenance. In my work computer i plug many distinct devices and is hard know each device. For me is usefull change the icon or name of a device. Ex. an icon for each client, and a distinct name for each device of client
Sorry, is hard to explain me in english
Thank you for the reply. You can write any your ideas and comments in Spanish (There are another Spanish users at our forum and I also know Spanish a little bit) and below translation with google translator - http://www.google.com/language_tools. I think it would be good for any forum users as Spanish and as non-Spanish.

One more question. Why you need to change device's name and image when it's not in the computer? Why can't you change name and image immediatelly - when it's in the computer?[/url]
peni

Post by peni »

Cierto. Pero uno de los usos que doy al programa es el de control del propietario del dispositivo, y cuando conecto un pen o HD a mi PC no siempre se quien es el dueño.

Insisto en que es solo una idea, no algo que sea 'realmente' importante