Problems with USB 3.0 PCI-e add-on card

767gulfstreem

Problems with USB 3.0 PCI-e add-on card

Post by 767gulfstreem »

I have a usb 3.0 pci-e add-on card that uses the NEC PD720200 chipset. NEC sold this to Renasas. It is commonly found in many, if not all, usb 3.0 powered motherboards. After i install the latest version of either USBSR or Zentino, the card stops working. I get a yellow exclamation point in device mgr. win 7, indicating the adapter could not be found, code 10 or code 28, missing driver. Nothing helps, whether it be reboots or not having usbsf or zentimo start with windows. I deleted each of these programs and tried them separately to no avail.

Once I completely delete these programs, my card works perfectly with my 3 usb 3.0 drives and I am able to have windows load the drivers and card at startup. No problems. The built-in safely remove hardware and eject media from win7 appears on my bottom taskbar and everything loads and runs smoothly. Something in usbsr or zentimo are clearly interacting with the card/drivers and causing them to fail. With all the usb 3.0 cards/motherboards now out there, I think this should be fixed. I have a 1st version nec PD720200 card, but I don't believe that is the cause of the problem.

One of my 3.0 external drives also required that I "disable usb 3.0 power managment function" through the renasas control panel for the drive to work. But all the drives work fine.

Have you tested both of these programs with usb 3.0 drives?

Thanks.