Bug: Windows 7 RTM, Safely Remove and iPod Nano (2nd gen)

millardjk

Bug: Windows 7 RTM, Safely Remove and iPod Nano (2nd gen)

Post by millardjk »

I still can't figure out why things occasionally work correctly, but the lion's share of the time, USBSR won't recognize/show my iPod Nano (with disk mode enabled, so a volume with drive letter are available in Explorer).
However, if I leave the system remove icon enabled, I can see and stop it without incident.

Until upgrading to win7 (though a clean install) USBSR worked just fine with this combination of system and iPod.

Not sure how to get USBSR to show the version I'm running, but it was recently downloaded from the website for the purpose of installing on this system.

I've taken a screenshot of USBSR showing '0' devices at the same time the system removal tool shows the iPod, but I'm not sure how to post it...
Igor
Developer

Re: Bug: Windows 7 RTM, Safely Remove and iPod Nano (2nd gen)

Post by Igor »

Hello,
Thank you for the report and sorry for the delay with the response.

Please send us the report from the program. In order to do it, go to the Main Menu -> Help -> Report a bug. After that enter your name, email and the message above and give link to this forum post.
millardjk

Post by millardjk »

Report sent. Additional info: based on use in the last few days, it appears that only the ipod is having issues with USBSR under W7--other USB drives are readily, correctly identified.
millardjk

Post by millardjk »

Just updated to 4.2, and the behavior is unchanged. Something that I've tried with this version, however, is to force the Apple USB device to be shown in the remove list: this is functional, but USBSR is not recognizing that a mounted drive is associated with the device.

At any rate, I'm now able to use USBSR and leave the Windows removal tool hidden.
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

The answer was sent to you via e-mail.