Ver 6.3.3 blocked by Smartscreen?

stan43

Ver 6.3.3 blocked by Smartscreen?

Post by stan43 »

Since my upgrade to Windows 10, I have not been running USB Safely Remove but I decided to checkout the new version 6.3.3
Launching the .exe brings up Microsoft Defender SmartScreen complaining that the app is unrecognized. I know I can skip past SmartScreen, but would rather not. Will this be fixed?
I still have the install exe files for 6.1.2 and 6.1.5, and Smartscreen seems to be OK with them.
Igor
Developer

Re: Ver 6.3.3 blocked by Smartscreen?

Post by Igor »

Hi stan43,
It's blocked just because the installer has a relatively small number of downloads worldwide. When the number of downloads and success installs reach a specific count the Smartscreen will not show warning. The same behavior was in the previous versions, but recently Micrsoft significantly increased required number of downloads (now it's several thousands).

But you shouldn't worry about it. We have digitally signed our program and tested it on more than 70 antivirus engines on VirusTotal.
stan43

Re: Ver 6.3.3 blocked by Smartscreen?

Post by stan43 »

Thanks for the explanation on how SmartScreen works. I will give the new version a try. I had removed it under Windows 7 because it had a problem with my External SATA controller. I have since removed the controller, because Windows 10 also had a problem - BSOD from old outdated driver.