Does not list drives on SiI sata raid card

mysteryman

Does not list drives on SiI sata raid card

Post by mysteryman »

Hello, I saw your program and saw that it will list, and hide various hard drives and flash drives. I specificly wanted this feature for my onboard SiliconImage hot swappable sata ports.

Apparently, the silicon image people do not believe in showing the hard drives in the add remove icons box, they require you to "remove device" in device manager. I had hoped that yours would especially when it lists printers, gamepads, and other devices you would never need to eject :).

unfortunately it does not. It lists all the sata drives on my nvidia sata, but i use that for permanent drives, not my hotswap bay. Before you ask, SiI DOES say, right in their help documents on their website that the device DOES support hotswap... but they do not activate any OS features to allow it to be done easilly (device manager, remove).

Please find a way to detect these drives, and offer the ability to eject/remove them.
Igor
Developer

Re: Does not list drives on SiI sata raid card

Post by Igor »

mysteryman wrote:Hello, I saw your program and saw that it will list, and hide various hard drives and flash drives. I specificly wanted this feature for my onboard SiliconImage hot swappable sata ports.

Please find a way to detect these drives, and offer the ability to eject/remove them.
Hello,
Thanks a lot for your inquiry!
Am I understand right, that you cannot see several your devices? If yes, than please try to enable option "Display all storage devices" (Menu -> Program options -> General tab). You'll see all your devices even those you never need to stop. You can hide such unneccessary devices.

Please, let me know if this helps or not. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask us.

P.S.
We are sorry for the long response.
mysteryman

Post by mysteryman »

i did find this option, however it still does not list the items from my silicon image onboard sata raid card. card is model number SiI3132 SATALink. It DOES however list the drives on my nforce raid. I believe this is partly because of an option silicon image should have enabled in their driver but diddn't. However if you could somehow detect these drives and show them in the list, and invoke the "uninstall" option from device manager (if thats not what this does already) on them, I would be very happy
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

mysteryman wrote:i did find this option, however it still does not list the items from my silicon image onboard sata raid card. card is model number SiI3132 SATALink.
We show all the devices that have drive letter. Does this drives have drive letter, or they mounted as folders?
and invoke the "uninstall" option from device manager (if thats not what this does already) on them, I would be very happy
I'm sorry, could explain please, what do you mean by "uninstall option from device manager"? And why you need this feature.
mysteryman

Post by mysteryman »

please look at these screenshots they have comments. the only way that i am able to hotswap (yes, this is recommended by siI as the preferred/only method) this 320 drive, is to right click it in device manager, and click uninstall. The drive spins down, and i can safely remove it from my hotswap bay
mysteryman

Post by mysteryman »

Has there been any progress to this problem?