Taking long time to show USB connected devices

bennet

Taking long time to show USB connected devices

Post by bennet »

Hi,
Two days before I purchased a lifetime licence, and I am happy with this small utility.
But a thing bothers me much. I usually connect more than one USB devices at a time. It takes longer time to show all the devices in the "USB safely remove UI". But I didn't notice this slowdown when I connect only a singly USB device. Kindly clarify. Am I doing anything wrong.

One more thing. After stopping one of the device, if I give return back, "return back" is done for all the devices. Rather it should be only for the device which I stopped right?. Please confirm.

Awaiting for your reply.
Igor
Developer

Re: Taking long time to show USB connected devices

Post by Igor »

bennet wrote:Hi,
Two days before I purchased a lifetime licence, and I am happy with this small utility.
But a thing bothers me much. I usually connect more than one USB devices at a time. It takes longer time to show all the devices in the "USB safely remove UI". But I didn't notice this slowdown when I connect only a singly USB device. Kindly clarify. Am I doing anything wrong.
Actually we never mentioned any slowdown when connect several so we need to research the problem. Please enable verbose logging (Options -> Advanced), repeat the connection of several devices and send us the report from the program (Menu -> Help -> Report). In the report dialog specify your email and short description of the problem with the link to this thread.
One more thing. After stopping one of the device, if I give return back, "return back" is done for all the devices. Rather it should be only for the device which I stopped right?. Please confirm.
It's not a bug, it's feature :) The program reboots the USB hub in order to return a device back therefore you see such a behavior. In future versions we will try to fix the problem and make one-per-one device returning.
bennet

Re: Taking long time to show USB connected devices

Post by bennet »

Thanks a lot Igor for the reply. I tried reinstalling "USB safely remove" and got rid of this problem. Thanks again.