Conflict with another program

Johnboy

Conflict with another program

Post by Johnboy »

Hi,

Just discovered this program, so far am loving it, but it has a serious conflict with SysTrayX (http://www.systrayx.com/info.html)

SysTrayX is a program that allows a user to select & hide less-used icons from the system tray, but still allows access to them (via a popup menu) when the SysTrayX icon is right-clicked.

The problem is that SafelyRemove causes the SysTrayX popup menu to jump spasmodically & makes it virtually impossible to scroll the list of hidden icons and/or click on them.

The problem is definately caused by SafelyRemove because:
1) the problem didn't exist before SafelyRemove was installed

2) the SysTrayX popup menu stops it's spasmodic jumping as soon as I kill USbsafelyRemove.exe in Task Manager

3) The problem never reappears after I uninstall SafelyRemove

I'd love to have both programs peacefully co-exist, if at all possible, but right now that's not possible. Hopefully Igor can provide some insight, a bug fix, or work around. Thanks. :)
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Johnboy, thank you very much for your bugreport!

I've downloaded SystrayX and have seen this bug. We will try to fix this problem in one of the next versions. But it won't be so fast, because problem is became apparent in another program.

Also, you can try to make request to SysTrayX support, probably they'll fix this problem faster then we.
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Thanks for the response Igor.

I've sent SystrayX a bug report also.

Cheers