SATA Crashing XP

anniebody

SATA Crashing XP

Post by anniebody »

Ever since version 4.3.2 (now on 4.7) I have had a problem with SATA drives crashing Windows XP using pluggable SATA caddy for backup/movies etc.
If I have USB Safely Remove active, the drive spins up and does nothin else, task manager tells me USB Safely Remove is not responding and the screen only displays the background. Effectively locks up and I need to force a reboot.
With USB Safely Remove disabled the drive(s) spin up ok and everything is as it should be.
With USB Safely Remove uninstalled there is no problem with using the standard windows remover.
I just have to remember to disable USB Safely Remove first, but really shouldn't have to.
Settings problem, bug, or just not able to deal with SATA?
Igor
Developer

Re: SATA Crashing XP

Post by Igor »

anniebody wrote:Ever since version 4.3.2 (now on 4.7) I have had a problem with SATA drives crashing Windows XP using pluggable SATA caddy for backup/movies etc.
If I have USB Safely Remove active, the drive spins up and does nothin else, task manager tells me USB Safely Remove is not responding and the screen only displays the background. Effectively locks up and I need to force a reboot.
With USB Safely Remove disabled the drive(s) spin up ok and everything is as it should be.
With USB Safely Remove uninstalled there is no problem with using the standard windows remover.
I just have to remember to disable USB Safely Remove first, but really shouldn't have to.
Settings problem, bug, or just not able to deal with SATA?
Hi Anniebody,
Could you send us the report from the program please? In order to send the report you should proceed to "Main menu -> Help -> Report a bug", and in the opened dialog enter your e-mail and a short description of the problem and link to this forum thread (also specify the drive name\letter that have problems with stopping). This helps us to investigate the problem more detailed.
ProCompSys

Re: SATA Crashing XP

Post by ProCompSys »

Shalom!

I had similar problems that were gone right after I installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver.

Just an idea to try, in case you have an Intel chipset.