Safely Remove not removing system tray version

CWBillow

Safely Remove not removing system tray version

Post by CWBillow »

I am on Windows 10 v1809 (OS Build 17763.557. My USB remove is v6.1.5.1274. I have been using USB Remove for quite some time and have been having no issues and been very happy with its performance.

I got a new HP Omen laptop, and since USB Remove won't remove the tray icon any more.

Am I the only one with this issue? Does anyone see a solution?
Igor
Developer

Re: Safely Remove not removing system tray version

Post by Igor »

Hi CWBillow,
I apologize for a delay with the response.

Can you try the version 6.0, you can find it here: https://safelyremove.com/allVersions.htm . Will it hide the native icon?
Hilliker

Post by Hilliker »

You're saying the older version should not have this bug, Igor?
Igor
Developer

Post by Igor »

Hi Hilliker,
The old version had a different mechanism of hiding the system tray icon, so it probably may not have this issue if it occurs on your system. But actually this is a very rare issue and it's likely caused by another tray control software. Do you have this issue on your system?
c1400700226

Post by c1400700226 »

Igor wrote: Nov 19th, 2019, 2:36 pm Hi Hilliker,
The old version had a different mechanism of hiding the system tray icon, so it probably may not have this issue if it occurs on your system. But actually this is a very rare issue and it's likely caused by another tray control software. Do you have this issue on your system?
Hi, I am also having similar problem. Could you please add an option to switch that mechanism?