It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Drive B: Problem
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:04 pm 

I am on Widows XP SP.
I have a card reader which normally comes up as drives I;J:,K:,L,M, and everything works OK. However suddenly when I plug it in it comes up on "Safely Remove" without a drive letter displayed and then when I plug a card in it shows as Drive B:

This is difficult because Picassa2 does not recognise drive B: so I cannot easily import my pics.

Do you know what has changed and how can I get the card reader to behave as it did before? :?

Alfred

Post subject: Re: Drive B: Problem
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:44 am 
Developer

Alfred wrote:
I am on Widows XP SP.
I have a card reader which normally comes up as drives I;J:,K:,L,M, and everything works OK. However suddenly when I plug it in it comes up on "Safely Remove" without a drive letter displayed and then when I plug a card in it shows as Drive B:

This is difficult because Picassa2 does not recognise drive B: so I cannot easily import my pics.

Do you know what has changed and how can I get the card reader to behave as it did before? :?

Alfred

Hello Alfred,
Thank you for your inquiry!

1. Does the card reader have 5 memory slots?
2. Please check that you have the latest version of the program: 4.1.5.800. If you have an earlier version, please update the program to the latest. You can download it from our web-site: http://safelyremove.com/usbsafelyremovesetup.exe

How to fix the problem?
Find your card reader in the menu, open its properties, switch to "Drive Properties" tab, find your "B:" drive and change its drive letter there as shown below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:04 pm 

Thanks Igor. Yes my Card Reader has 5 slots. I changed the Drive letter as you said and all seems OK I have also upgraded to latest version. What I don't understand is why windows suggested drive B: which I thought was a letter not usually used. Anyway things are now working.

Thanks,

Alfred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:12 pm 
Developer

Alfred wrote:
Thanks Igor. Yes my Card Reader has 5 slots. I changed the Drive letter as you said and all seems OK I have also upgraded to latest version. What I don't understand is why windows suggested drive B: which I thought was a letter not usually used. Anyway things are now working.

Thanks,

Alfred

It's not Windows problem, but USB Safely Remove. It assigns any drive letter including A and B. In the next versions we will fix this issue.

Post subject: Drive B Problem
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:27 am 

Thanks for the info, thought it was an interesting question. Seems like a no brainer now towards the rear drive with two sets of tires. Thanks again.