It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Remove / Stop all USB drives at once -- shortcut key?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:45 pm 

Is there any way to remove / stop all external USB hard drives at once using a single shortcut key? -- also is there a way to return all external USB hard drives at once using a single shortcut key?

It seems that this is not possible to do this with the command line version. I can write a batch file to stop one disk after another (I have four external hard drives in my case) using a series of four stop commands -- but I never can get the return command to work

The command line version of your product seems to be lacking in functionality -- it is possible to stop an external drive with the command line tool in a multi drive configuration -- but impossible to return the drive with the command line tool as there is allways some process preventing it -- while the GUI tool never has this problem -- so is there a way to get the command line tool to force a return or automate the GUI tool to accomplish the same task (such as support for sendkeys).

What I want to do is stop all external USB hard drives just before a system is put into suspend mode -- and then after the system is resumed from suspend return all the drives - using two batch files or an automated script file.

Post subject: Re: Remove / Stop all USB drives at once -- shortcut key?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:32 pm 
Developer

msmith wrote:
Is there any way to remove / stop all external USB hard drives at once using a single shortcut key? -- also is there a way to return all external USB hard drives at once using a single shortcut key?

At the moment you can only can only stop drives using this menu button:

But we will consider adding a hotkey for this.

Quote:
It seems that this is not possible to do this with the command line version. I can write a batch file to stop one disk after another (I have four external hard drives in my case) using a series of four stop commands -- but I never can get the return command to work

The command line version of your product seems to be lacking in functionality -- it is possible to stop an external drive with the command line tool in a multi drive configuration -- but impossible to return the drive with the command line tool as there is allways some process preventing it -- while the GUI tool never has this problem -- so is there a way to get the command line tool to force a return or automate the GUI tool to accomplish the same task (such as support for sendkeys).

What I want to do is stop all external USB hard drives just before a system is put into suspend mode -- and then after the system is resumed from suspend return all the drives - using two batch files or an automated script file.

We will also try to improve the command line tool in future versions.

Thanks for your report!