It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:01 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Can't get USB SafelyRemove to work
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:27 am
Posts: 4
I downloaded and installed USB SafelyRemove from your website yesterday. I just can't get it to work. When I try to open the program, I get this error message:

"USB SafelyRemove.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being generated."

I can't find an error log anywhere. I'm using Windows 2000. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but that didn't help.

Thanks for any help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't get USB SafelyRemove to work
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:00 am 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 554
Location: Saint Petersburg
Oxa wrote:
I downloaded and installed USB SafelyRemove from your website yesterday. I just can't get it to work. When I try to open the program, I get this error message:

"USB SafelyRemove.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being generated."

I can't find an error log anywhere. I'm using Windows 2000. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but that didn't help.

Thanks for any help.

Hello, thank you for the message!

Our program can work correctly with Windows 2000 starting from SP4. Do you have Service Pack 4 installed?

About the log. It's the system message, so probably Windows means System Log. To find it open "Control Panel" -> "Administration" -> "View events". May be there will be some addition information.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:27 am
Posts: 4
Yes, I have SP4 installed.

The event log shows the following:
"The ProtexisLicensing service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:26 pm 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 554
Location: Saint Petersburg
Oxa wrote:
Yes, I have SP4 installed.
The event log shows the following:
"The ProtexisLicensing service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified."

ProtexisLicensing? It's not our program, and our program doesn't have such component. Please try to run USB Safely Remove again and see which messages will appear in the System Log.

Also, please look at "c:\Documents and Settings\<Your_account_name>\Application Data\USBSafelyRemove" directory. Are there any files? If yes, then please post it here.

And finally, please download the previous version of the program: http://crystalrich.com/USBSafelyRemove_3-2-6-602.exe and to see whether program will work or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:27 am
Posts: 4
OK. After trying to start the program a half dozen times on the first installation, then another half dozen times on the second, and always getting the same error message, I tried one more time and it finally started. I did nothing different! I can't explain the previous failures--gremlins, perhaps?

Anyway, the program is great! It recognizes my external hard drive, which I could never get Windows to do. I particularly like the hotkeys, customizable for different devices.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:43 am 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 554
Location: Saint Petersburg
Oxa wrote:
OK. After trying to start the program a half dozen times on the first installation, then another half dozen times on the second, and always getting the same error message, I tried one more time and it finally started. I did nothing different! I can't explain the previous failures--gremlins, perhaps?

Oxa, thank you for the message! It's very good that everything has resolved. But ofcourse this is very strange behaviour. Probably our program have an intersection with another program (I've heard that ProtexisLicensing service is a component of PaintShop Pro. Do you use it?).

Anyway if you have any other comments on this issue, please write down them here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:27 am
Posts: 4
No, no PaintShop Pro on my computer. I could not find any files on my computer associated with ProtexisLicensing. Although the registry had several entries for PL, I couldn't determine what software they were associated with. The registry said there were some PL files in the Program Files\Common Files directory, there weren't, so I don't know where the association came from.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Crystal Rich Ltd © 2014 Powered by phpBB ©