I have a new mains-powered external USB HDD with 3 partitions (all for data only)
- unit is NOT off the shelf external HDD ... separate enclosure -PLUS- WD Blue 500GB disc
- disc-enclosure is USB3 but all laptop ports are USB2 only
- all partitions are NTFS
USB Safely Remove
lists all 3 partitions as separate drives (obviously).
- to disconnect the HDD I safely-remove the first partition/drive and then pull the plug
- the HDD is intentionally empty until I am sure of procedures to USB Safely Remove
USB Safely Remove has been the one of the best purchases I have ever made.
- worth every cent/penny/dollar
- Windows Safely Remove is frustrating when multiple USB sticks and all that is shown are drive letters